Summer is the time when the pumpkin stalk does not yield much pumpkin. With rising temperatures the flowers that blossom too wither soon. So the best you can do if you have your pumpkin patch is to trim the shoots and pluck the flowers to be cooked into a sumptuous side dish to be served with your meal.
- 1 bunch of tender pumpkin stalk finely chopped
- 5-6 pumpkin flowers finely chopped
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- oil for seasoning
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds for seasoning
- 2 red chillies for seasoning
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- In a vessel, tip in the onion, pumpkin stalk, flowers, turmeric and salt to taste.
- Heat it and stir the contents. The water will ooze out.
- Now cover it with a lid and let it cook.
- Once the colour changes add the coconut and close the lid.
- Put off the flame and season with red chillies mustard and curry leaves.
- Toss the contents and mix well.
- It is now ready to serve!
Preparation time: 25 minutes