Italian food is simple yet is a complex blend of different flavors of herbs, sauces and vegetables. One such recipe is the Pasta Salad. It tastes best when refrigerated. It’s so delicious and filling that we sometimes have it as the main course. Tastes good with Garlic bread.
- 1 large bowl of mixed vegetables (cucumber, cauliflower, capsicum, green peas, carrots, boiled potatoes, broccoli)
- 3 tbsp of American Garden Ranch Dressing
- Crushed pepper to taste
- Oregano flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6 garlic pods
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 bowl of pasta (penne/ elbow)
- Blanch all vegetables except cucumber and boiled potatoes and keep aside.
- Cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add crushed garlic
- Once it exudes aroma, take it off the heat and pour it in a large mixing bowl
- Add the pasta, chopped cucumber, boiled potatoes, cooled and blanched vegetables, ranch dressing, salt, pepper powder, oregano and mix well with a rubber spatula
- Refrigerate well before serving
Preparation time: 30 minutes