Mushroom Makai (Mushroom Corn Masala) is an exciting recipe to wow your guests during this festive season. Instead of offering the usual “Paneer Tikka Masala”, why not incorporate a new element in the
So, you won’t have to worry about piling on the pounds while stuffing yourself with this lip smacking delight!
- 250 gm mushroom
- 150 gm corn seeds (makka)
- 1 capsicum (shimla mirch)
- 3 onion (pyaj)
- 250 gm tomato (tamatar)
- 1 piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- 1/2 lemon (nimbu)
- 1 garlic (lahsun)
- 1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- Soak corn 3-4 hours and then strain.
- Boil them and then keep them aside.
- Cut mushroom into four pieces.
- Finely chop onions and cut ginger into thin long slices.
- Cut green chilies into 2 lengthwise.
- Cut tomato into small pieces and capsicum into cubes.
- Finely chop coriander.
- Grind garlic.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion until it turns pink.
- Then fry garlic paste.
- Then add tomatoes and red chilly powder.
- When it is cooked properly, add mushroom and corn seeds.
- Add salt and simmer until mushrooms soften.
- Now add capsicum and lemon juice and fry for a minute and then remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with ginger, green chilies and coriander.
Mushroom Corn Masala is best enjoyed piping hot with a couple of garlic naans (Indian flatbread). You’ll