If you want a healthy dinner recipe that would not add to your weight, here’s what I have for you from my long-lost healthy-eating secret book. A recipe that requires one herb, 1 tbsp olive oil and just 1/2 cup rice, not to mention only 15 min of your time. If you, like me, move homes, go places and want to do more with your time – I am telling you, you’ll find this recipe to be more than jut healthy. It’s quick, delicious and almost comforting without the calories. That’s what our March is all about! Healthy, easy cooking!
- Cooked rice: 1/2 cup
- Smoked chicken/chicken pieces: 1/2 cup
- Boiled corn: 1/4 cup
- Chopped onion and bell peppers: 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped): 2 pods
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- French herb mix
- In a pan, put your chicken and 1 tbsp olive oil and let it brown.
- Take chicken out, add garlic, onion, bell peppers and toss. Let it be a little fragrant.
- Add corn and cook for a minute.
- Add rice, herb, salt and pepper.
- Toss well and serve.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top.
Note: I have added fresh, chopped basil here. You can add basil, rosemary or even coriander.