To explore taste, I believe we have to create the taste! Dosa be it plain or with any combination is welcome on our platter. ‘Anda dosa’ , that is ‘Egg Dosa’ is simple, tasty and filling. A nice way to change the way you add egg to your meal. Full of nutrition this is a complete breakfast item by itself.
Egg Dosa Ingredients:
- Dosa Batter 1 scoop (rest of the batter use for making plain dosas)
- 1 egg per person
- 2-3 green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 tsp of Besan/gram flour (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make Egg Dosa:
- In the bowl which has the batter add the green chillies, curry leaves, Besan/gram flour, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat the tawa and pour batter over. Sway the ladle over the batter to make a circular pattern.
- After few seconds crack the egg over the batter on the tawa, and spread with ladle to break the yoke. The egg should be spread all over the dosa.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and then when the other side looks cooked, turn over the dosa to cook on the side which has the egg. Here ensure to pick up the whole dosa with the ladle and turn the dosa fast so that it doesn’t break-up.
- Cook only for few minutes on the other side apply a little butter over the dosa and remove.
- ‘Anda Dosa’ is ready to serve with chutney/sambar.
Preparation Time (taken for dosa, if the batter is readily available): 5-10 minutes
Serves: 1 egg dosa per person
Add on idea:
- Another way to prepare this egg dosa is by whisking the egg in a bowl. Now add the salt and pepper to taste and whisk again
- Now over the batter on the tawa pour this whisked/beaten egg and then turn over to cook on other side too.
8 grams fat