Gravy with milk and cream is seldom preferred, as the calorie count in the meal becomes too much to digest. Well I watched this dish being cooked on an international cuisine show, and I must say the chef tempted me to try out this recipe. The method of preparation is simple and now I know it’s a rich and tasty dish too! So make it, relish it and shed those calories later…
- 2 cups paneer (cottage cheese), cut into ½” cubes
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- ¼ cup milk (if required add little more milk for gravy)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp freshly crushed peppercorns
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
To be ground into a smooth paste:
- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 mm. (¼”) piece ginger
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the ground paste for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, cream, milk, turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the garam masala and crushed peppercorns. Mix well.
- Serve hot with wheat rotis/misi roti/naan/paranthas.
Preparation Time: 20 mins.