Let’s start with a fun fact, shall we? Remember that nursery rhyme, Little Miss Muffet that goes, “Little Miss Muffet, Sat on a tuffet, Eating her curds and whey”? Well, do you know what she was eating? She was literally eating cottage cheese! Made from a slightly soured pasteurized milk, cottage cheese is the congealed part (referred to as curd) while whey is the liquid. And they say that it takes 100 pounds of milk to make just 15 pounds of cottage cheese! Whoa. Well, good news is we will only need some 200 grams of it! And what I’m wondering is, would she have eaten her curds and whey if she had this more tasty choice?
- Cottage cheese: 200 grams
- Plain all purpose flour: 1/2 cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper : 1 teaspoon mixed
- Whipped egg: 1
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Milk cottage cheese to salt, pepper, baking powder and red chilli powder. Add eggs and mix. To this add flour and make a thick paste. This shouldn’t be runny at all.
- Drop by spoons in very hot oil.