This sweet-and- sour Carrot Raita, prepared to accompany the Garden Paushtik Pulao, complimented the meal perfectly. The dry fruits and nuts gave it that extra crunch. Savour this colourful and delicious raita with different kinds of seasoned rice or rotis. This dish when served chilled tastes very yummy. While choosing the carrots for this dish ensure to use fresh and bright orange ones, this enhances the appeal.
Time taken: 10-15 min
Taste-o-meter: Slightly sweet
- Whipped/beaten yoghurt: 2 cups
- Large carrot (washed, lightly peeled and grated): 1 cup
- Milk: 2 tbsp
- Green chilli (finely chopped): 1
- Roasted coriander seeds, ground coarsely: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Few raisins and chopped almonds (roasted) for garnish
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Whisk yoghurt till smooth and thick (if thin consistency is preferred add little water or use the whey in the curd).
- Add grated carrot, milk, green chillie, coriander seeds-coarsely ground, sugar, salt, pepper powder and cumin seeds.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, raisins and almonds.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Savour with rotis/naans/ paranthas or rice preparations.