As always my favourite are the mushrooms. They can be tossed all alone in one dish and yet can be combined with another. In this recipe I have stirred in green bell pepper with the mushrooms, and for the spice seasoned it with pepper powder. While cooking ensure not to add too much water, as the vegetables have their water content. The thick consistency of the gravy gives this dish just the right taste!
- 500 gm Button mushrooms(sliced lengthwise and wash well)
- 3 Capsicums
- 3 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- ½ piece of Chicken cube(optional)
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper powder (use more if spice reqd.)
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Spice powder/garam masala
- Grind onions and tomatoes in a blender/mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion-tomato paste and stir-fry.
- Add fenugreek leaves, chicken cube, pepper powder, coriander powder, spice powder and salt. Sauté for 1 minute then put in capsicum and mushrooms.
- Add ½ cup water and cook for one whistle(till cooked).
- Serve with rotis.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes