This frankly was a quick and easy dinner recipe, which I opted for, after an exhausted evening. The fresh long beans seasoned and then tossed in groundnut powder gives this simple dish a unique taste and flavour. With not much to do here this recipe does not require much of your time and also hardly any ingredients. Simply simple…Beans thadka!
- 250 gm beans (chop in four)
- 2-3 red chillies whole
- 3 tbsp urad dal
- 2 tsp (roasted and ground) groundnut powder
- A few groundnuts dry roasted for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and add red chillies and urad dal. Sauté till dal turns brown then add the beans and salt. Stir well.
- Cover with lid for about 15-20 minutes or till the beans are cooked.
- When done add groundnut powder and the whole groundnuts, mix well and cover with lid. The steam is enough for the ground nut powder to get cooked.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes