Amaranth here refers to a type of spinach, it is also known as Chinese Spinach. While there are various methods in which this type of spinach is prepared, I chose to add a tangy twist to it by tipping in some raw mangoes. As I was preparing the dish my stomach kept sending those hunger waves to the brain, which tempted me to serve before clicking the picture. Well it’s a good thing I didn’t give in to the temptation, as there was nothing left to click after our meal 😉
- ¼ raw mango cut into thin slices along with skin
- 1 bunch of red spinach, cleaned and cut fine
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ tsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and the chillies to it. Fry till the onions turn pink.
- Tip in the mango, turmeric and salt.
- Stir till the mango pieces get half cooked. Add a little water if required.
- Remove the chilli pieces and add the red spinach. Stir gently mixing the contents till water oozes out of the vegetable.
- Close with a lid till it gets well cooked.
- Add the coconut, stir and mix well and serve.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes