The beginnings always set the mood. A morning with a whiff of sweet romance is a sure shot start to a great valentines day. An exquisite valentines day meal need not be a difficult one. Just a little twist to the usual breakfast recipes will do the trick. Charm your partner this valentine with this sweet delight. The nutty fragrance of almonds along with the tartness of fresh strawberries is guaranteed to melt anyone’s heart.
- 6 slices of bread
- ¼ cup of Milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 1 ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Fresh strawberries sliced
How to make :
- Cut out heart shaped pieces of bread through a cookie cutter.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Dip the bread pieces in the egg mixture.
- In a frying pan , melt 2 tablespoons of butter and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For almond butter, combine confectioners’ sugar, the remaining butter and almond extract. Mix well.
- Sprinkle french toast with sugar. Serve with almond butter and sliced strawberries.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:10 Minutes
Total Time:15 Minutes