Especially famous in Kerala and Karnataka, Banana Halwa is made from banana and sugar with hints of cardamom and clarified butter. Although a little high on calorie, Banana Halwa is delicious to taste and makes for quite a mood perk machine with its high content of sugar!
- Bananas: 10
- Sugar: 3 cups
- Cardamom: 1 tsp
- Clarified butter: 4tsp
- Cashews: toasted, ½ a cup
- In a shallow pan, add the mashed bananas and heat for about 10 minutes till it becomes light golden brown. At this point, add the sugar.
- On high heat stir it still it becomes dark brown, add clarified butter, cashew nuts and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Grease a steel plate with ghee and pour the mass onto it.
- Cut into shapes when cooled and store!
- Happy Onam to you all!