- 1/2 inch olive oil (for frying pan)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 8 to 12 thick slices Italian bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages spaghetti
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In a frying pan, combine olive oil, minced garlic, chopped onion and Italian bacon cut into small squares.
- Let simmer for about a half-hour. Olive oil smokes fast, take care not to get it to the boiling point.
- In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a pan, in salted boiling water, cook both packages of spaghetti. Drain and dump the egg mixture immediately to the pasta.
- What we are trying to achieve here is to cook the egg by the heat of the pasta itself.
- Now, pour in the mixture from the frying pan and stir.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve!