Sea food lovers need the least excuse to include sea food as a part of any meal, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. The tin packed soft sardines serve well for a sandwich filling between hot and crispy toasts. You see these tiny spots on our tongue, yea you know what I’m talking about, –‘taste buds’ – can get all wicked when they tease you into craving for more and more…as that’s exactly what we did as we savoured every crumb of the ‘Sardine Sandwich’ on our platter.
- 1 can of sardines in oil ( open and drain off oil)
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – finely chopped
- Mayonnaise – as much as you prefer to add
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bread slices
- In a bowl, mix together fish, onion, tomato, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. The ingredients should be mixed well so that the fish is all mashed up.
- Toast bread either with or without butter and use the fish mix as a spread/filling as in sandwich.
- Serve with tomato sauce for breakfast.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
For a change – you could also add sliced boiled egg or cucumber or shredded lettuce, and for some cheesy effect use grated or sliced cheese!