Prawn Fried Rice or Prawn stir fried rice is one my favorite kind of fried rice recipes – believe me I can eat it on end. Simple, easy; prawn fried rice is very flavorful. We have learnt one basic rule about Chinese cooking from experience: although absolutely simple and all it involves is only stirring the different ingredients together.
The only difficult part about Chinese fried rice recipes is the fact of ‘when to add what’, for there is a time for everything. And that holds true for every ingredient that goes inside a prawn fried rice recipe. If you start dumping everything in the wok, with an impression of it coming out fantastic (since its stir fry), you are most likely to end up with a soggy dish that somehow resembles Chinese cuisine. Especially most Prawn Fried Rice recipes or Rice that involve stir fried sea food. Believe me!
So if you want an easy way to make prawn fried rice, give every ingredient a little time in the wok to flavor but not too long to burn it! Here’s to you the Prawns Fried Rice Recipe…
- Long grained white rice: 2 cups
- Eggs: 2
- Shredded Chicken: About a cup
- French onion: 1, chopped
- Carrots: Cut in thin shreds
- Beans: Cut diagonally
- Dark Soy: 1 teaspoon
- Ajinomoto: A pinch of
- Salt & Pepper: To taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a wok
- Beat eggs and scramble in oil. Strain and keep separate.
- Pour some oil and fry the prawns till pink. Strain and keep aside.
- Cook the rice until semi cooked and spread it on a plate to cool.
- Now, in the same oil, add the eggs and prawns back. Stir together. Follow with veggies, rice and soya.
- Make sure after everything that you added, you have a gap of 30-45 seconds. The flavors need to mingle in.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.