Penne with Shrimp Recipe. Yes, that is what we are about to give you out today. A tangy main course straight from the sunny land of Italy, how to cook Penne Shrimp was a question long asked.
With the holidays within and with so much happening we delayed this special shrimp penne recipe a bit. Nevertheless, here’s an authentic Italian recipe as main course for you that will add zing to any bland days. A bit spicy for continental lovers, this has by far never disappointed our guests or our taste buds for that matter! Here’s for your perusal, Penne Shrimp Recipe. Bon Appetit!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until semi tender.
- Remember, if you cook it tender at this stage you are most likely to end up with soggy pasta.
- Drizzle some olive oil in it, with a chop stick toss them and let it cool.
- In a wok or if you don’t have an wok, in a skillet heat oil. The heat should be medium-low. Add shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and stir fry.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and set aside when pink and cooked.
- With the heat still on, add tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes Cook for a couple of minutes and pour wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to sim. Why would you do that? You need to thicken the sauce.
- Once your sauce thickens a bit, add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the rest of parmesan and serve hot.