A lobster recipe that Ranbir Kapoor’s mom, Neetu Kapoor so lovingly prepares for him and apparently a favorite recipe of Ranbir.
- 1 large lobster
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2-3 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp corsely ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
For white sauce –
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
White Sauce –
- In a sauce pan, heat butter. When the butter melts, add flour.
- Saute on low flame and when thoroughly mixed, add milk.
- In another wok, fry chopped onions.
- Add fried onions to white sauce along with salt and pepper.
- It is very important to immerse lobsters in boiling water before cooking. Why? For hygienic reasons.
- Immerse your lobsters in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until the skin is white and the coat is pink.
- Strain the water and keep aside.
- Scoop out meat from the lobster and keep the shell aside.
- Mix the meat with white sauce.
- Pour the mixture in the shell and garnish with cheese and butter.
- The water – This is your fish stock. So don’t throw it away. Keep it in your refrigerator instead.