Linguine in a Zesty Tomato Sauce and Clams
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/4th cup garlic cloves
- 1/4th cup capers
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 3/4th cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ th cup dry wine
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 pound linguine
- 30 clams scrubbed
- 1/4th cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- You’ll need 3 crock pots for this On one, cook the tomato sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a crock pot and add 1/4th cup garlic cloves and 1/4th cup capers. Walk away for 30 seconds as it may splatter.
- Now, to this add, 2 cups chopped parsley, 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes, 3/4th cup fresh lemon juice, ¾ th cup dry wine, ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, make the clams.
- Just dump everything in a crock pot and let it simmer.
- On an another crock pot, heat some salted water and cook the pasta.
- When the clams are open, discard all the liquid from it, except about a cup. Take a cup of clam broth and pour it on the sauce. Let it simmer.
- Now add pasta to the sauce pot and cook on high fro 5- 10 minutes.
Divide pasta into 6 different bowls and top it with clams.