When it’s Lasagna we are talking about, we do not like much introduction, chiefly because in the next 3 seconds you’ll read a lot! Exactly. And we do not want a foodie to be crammed with unnecessary information. So here we go!
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh Basil leaves chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley choppe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 23 ounces of ricotta cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
- In a dutch pan brown the meat with onions and garlic. Once you see it’s half cooked, add tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste and half a cup of water.
- Let the mixture cook for about 10-15 minutes before adding white sugar, fennel seed, Basil leaves chopped, Italian parsley chopped, salt, Italian Seasoning
and ground pepper.
- Now let it simmer lid on for about an hour and a half.
- Meanwhile, soak the lasagna sheets and prepare the layers.
- Mix nutmeg and ricotta together and keep. To this add one egg and fresh parsley. Mix all of this with a spoon together and reserve.
- Once your meat sauce is done, start building the lasagna layers
- On a baking pan arrange meat sauce, lasagna, ricotta mix in the same order, mix half of the mozarella and repeat the process.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes at 350
- Bake uncovered for another 25 minutes.