Fresh Brocolli salad
- Fresh broccoli - 2-3 heads
- Red onion – 1
- Bacon / Chicken pieces cut into strips – 50 gms
- Raisins and almonds – 1/4th cup each
- Mayonnaise- ½ cup
- Fine white sugar – 1/4th cup
- White wine vinegar – 2tbsp
In a wok or a skillet, deep fry bacon or chicken until brown. Cool and crumble. Cut vegetables in bite size pieces and add the crumbled chicken or bacon, raisins and nuts.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the mayo, sugar and vinegar. Mix in the salad and let it cool for at least 2 hours. Serve.