When you feel the craving for a fine crunchy and yummy taste to satisfy your palate, pamper yourself with a healthy and tasty ‘Fish cutlet’. There is not much of oil used in this dish as the cutlets are shallow fried. The breadcrumbs give the cutlets a crispy and firm coating. While you make the cutlets ensure to mix the ingredients well to a smooth and tight patty. This will ensure that the cutlets do not break-up. Cutlets serve as a good starter or snack. We relished the cutlets with sandwiches and soup, for dinner.
- ¼ kg sliced king fish steamed (with a little salt)
- 1 green chilli (de-seeded) finely sliced
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 2 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 tbsp ginger finely sliced
- ½ tsp pepper ( freshly crushed )
- 2 stems of green coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg( whipped well)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- De-vein and mash the fish well ensuring that the skin is removed.
- Add the green chilli, onion, ginger, pepper, potato and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add the coriander leaves and once again mix it smooth.
- Divide it into equal balls. Roll it to make the edges smooth.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan.
- Coat each with the egg and bread crumbs and shallow fry till all the sides are evenly brown.
- Garnish with sliced onions and serve hot with tomato sauce or white tartar sauce.
Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes
Makes: 12-14 cutlets