Alright! This needs some talking. The first time we ate Xacuti, we were blown by the tongue and also literally with its fiery taste: Being bongs we actually poured the curry on rice. What a big bad blunder! Thank god for some King’s Beer that we actually got our senses back.Well, now you know how to have Xacuti!
- 1 Kg Chicken
- Small round Potatoes
- Small Onions
- Dash of Nutmeg Powder
- Small Bits of Coconut
- 6 Red Chillies (Kashmiri Chillies)
- 1/2 Scraped Coconut
- 2 Teaspoon of Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi Powder
- 8 Pepper Corns
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 1/4 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Badee Saunf (Moti Saunf)
- 4 – 5 Flakes Garlic
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 2 Inch Piece of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Khus Khus
- 1 Table Spoon Corriander Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Til
- 1/2 Onion
- For this, you’ll need a thick bottomed iron pan.
- First, in oil fry the red chilies until fragrant. Now add all the condiments and fry well. Cool this, this is your xacuti masala.
- Now pour some water in it and in a blender mix it to a smooth paste.
- Add chicken to it and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Now, add potatoes, coconut, nutmeg and onion as mentioned in the main ingredient.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes and you’re ready to be slurrpified.