‘Chicken risotto’ for the food lover’s soul, comes steaming hot from my kitchenette to yours. My love for multi cuisine food paves my path to explore mouth watering dishes. Who said you have to be in Italy to have Italian food? 🙂 This rich, creamy, yummy chicken risotto is simple to make, with main ingredients of patience and love in it!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio (risotto) rice or can use uncooked regular long grain rice
- 4 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, if desired
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-1/2″ pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add chicken pieces, and cook. Stir until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add rice, and stir well to coat.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, and cook until liquid is reduced, stirring frequently. Continue to add chicken broth to keep rice covered, and stir frequently as this helps avoid it getting lumpy.
- Add broth, stir, and cook for a total of about 25 minutes until rice is tender. Add basil, cheese, and butter just before serving and stir to melt.
- Cover pot and let stand 5 minutes off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Try to stick to as little as 4 cups or as much as 6 cups of broth for the risotto, as this will keep it thick. Unless if a soupier risotto preferred then use more of the broth.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes