When we asked on our Facebook page (yes, we’d love to have you all on board), on a fine Friday morning as to what would Slurrpy enthusiasts cook on a Friday evening, a reader told us- Black Pepper Chicken with Lime and Butter. We promised to cook the recipe with the maximum number of votes and here we are with our version of it.
For years, I have made Black Pepper Chicken. I tell you, for years! On a busy night, on a dull morning, on demand, on errands- this chicken recipe is almost my go-to easy chicken recipe and I couldn’t have been more delighted to cook this up to keep my promise. A recipe that is very simple as opposed to its lofty name- this fragrant chicken recipe works as an appetizer with beer, as a snack with some coke or as breakfast with buns and butter.
From Slurrpy team, this is specially cooked by me for this good Slurrpy stalker. To know more of the conversation, visit our Facebook page!
Black Pepper Chicken with Lime and Butter
Time taken: 20 min
- Chicken (cubed and boneless): 2 cups
- Red and green bell pepper, sliced or cubed: 1 cup
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Lemon rinds: 1 tsp
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Rosemary, optional: a pinch
- Freshly ground peppercorns: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic: 1 clove
- Flavoured salt to taste
- Black pepper sauce
- In a wok, heat oil.
- Once the oil starts to smoke, throw-in the garlic.
- (Remember, once you put in garlic in the oil, it tends to get burnt if the oil is too hot. Reduce the heat to medium.)
- Once the garlic is fragrant, mix-in chicken, pepper, lemon salt, butter and rosemary. Cover and cook till the chicken is soft.
- Once cooked, add-in bell peppers, toss a bit and add pepper sauce. You can pour little or less, depending on the amount of sauce you like.
- Cook for 1 min more and you’re done!
- Serve hot with bread or as is.