One of the easiest meals to prepare, a beef roast is an essential part of the traditional English Sunday roast that uses either a prime rib or a top sirloin. Served with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, beef gravy and Yorkshire pudding, a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon can only make the meal heavenly!
- Beef prime rib/ top sirloin – about 2kg
- Garlic: 4 large cloves
- Dijon Mustard: ¼ th cup
- Fresh Thyme and Rosemary: 3 tbsp each
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the garlic in thin slices.
- Make slits in the beef and insert the garlic slices.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine rest of the ingredients to a pulpy mixture and rub it over the roast.
- In a preheated oven (325) place your beef fat side down in a roasting pan and cook fro about 2 hours at 140 or 160.
- Let it rest in a silver foil before cutting. 10 minutes or so.
- Voila! Your beef roast is ready to be served.
- And if you are looking for an ideal accompaniment with your roast beef,here’s a recipe for Yorkshire Pudding