Suruchi lives in Austin, Texas with her four year old son and husband. In her pre-mama life. she was a video game producer and a project manager in an educational software company. Post-mama life keeps her busy with jewelry design and writing children’s stories for an iPad app. She loves cooking and creating in the kitchen for any occasion. She is a great cook and her recipes should flow in. Over to Suruchi.
Perfect Pear Salad
- Walnuts: 1/2 cup
- Arugula: 5-6 cups
- Firm Bosc or Anjou pear, thinly sliced: 1
- Balsamic vinegar: 1 cup
- Cinnamon: 1/4 tsp
- Gorzongola cheese: 1/4 cup
- Turkey bacon (can easily omit): 4 strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast nuts over medium heat. Watch them carefully: they burn really easily!
- Set balsamic to boil over a low heat. Add the cinnamon and some pepper to taste. You want to reduce it by half. Don’t inhale the steam: it burns! It will reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- While the balsamic reduces, fry the bacon. Cut it into teeny bits.
- Mix arugula and pear in a salad bowl, add nuts, bacon and cheese. Dress the salad with the reduced balsamic. Enjoy!