Spring onions…Chinese yum….yum yum yum. What is a Chinese dish without spring onions to add flavour. Nothing! You may also know it as green onions, salad onions or scallion. It is rich in calcium, iron, potassium, carotene, vitamin B1,vitamin B2 and vitamin C. Can you believe that an average healthy person takes 100-150gms of spring onions a day? And here’s why:
The most common and traditional use of spring onions are for common colds. It stimulates the respiratory tract and expels the phlegm.
- It contains essential oils that stimulates the sweat glands and hence, causes sweating and releasing the body heat.
- Do you known a restaurant? Give your customers a dish with spring onions in it because it helps in increasing appetite and your profits!
- Strike and out! Strike out the chances of diarrhoea with some spring onions in your diet.
- Accelerate your blood circulation with some spring onions. It also helps in absorbing vitamin B1 that helps reduce stress and tiredness.
- When spring onions is made into a paste and it helps in curing swollen feet.
- Spring onions are low in calories, so all the dieters out there, get some of these into your diet.
- It acts as an appetiser and also helps to maintain normal blood pressure levels.
For healthy living it is wise to eat green onion everyday. Go delicioso every time you eat it and rip off your worries to be healthy!