You wash all your utensils until they are spick and span, but what would you do if all that dirty water had no place to go? Your sink is definitely one of the most important things in your home. Now that the importance of your sink has finally dawned on you, the question here is whether you have done anything lately to take good care of it in return, or not?The most common problem that we face when it comes to our sink at home, is clogging. Many of us have been victims to nightmarish situations when our kitchen sink just decides to give up on us and starts splurging out dirty water all over the place. Within minutes the entire kitchen transforms from a room filled with aromas to a stinky surrounding that will only make you hold your breath and move away! To make it worse, imagine all this happening when your place is filled with visitors and guests. Embarrassing, isn’t it?
Well, here’s what you can do to keep the sink clean and clog free at all times.
- Here, baking soda seems to be your sink’s best friend.
- All you need to do is use a handful of baking soda and then pour some hot water. You will be marvelled at the miracles that this trick can perform.
- If there is no baking soda at your place, no worries! Try vinegar or even lemon juice.
- Pour either vinegar or lemon juice down the drain and let it sit for at least an hour.
- Follow it up with hot water and Voilà! Your drain is clear and smelling good!
This is what you can do to get rid of clogs, but we advice you to try out these tricks once a week. This will not only help to keep your drain ‘clog-free’, but also will avoid any odd situations that might just manage to ruin your day.