Date is the fruit of the Date Palm tree, which originated in the desert oases of northern Africa and, southwest Asia. Dates contain a lot of nutrients, like oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, magnesium, etc and they are also high on fiber. One date is a minimum of a balanced and healthy diet. It’s a natural sweetening agent and is consumed plain or in desserts and confectionaries. Following are the health benefits of dates.
- Dates get digested very easily; and are hence eaten for supplying quick energy
- Date has laxative properties. It is useful for relieving constipation
- The nicotinic content present in dates is beneficial for curing any kinds of intestinal disorders. Regular intake of dates helps to maintain a check on the growth of the pathological organisms and thus, helps in the rise of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
- Dates helps thin people gain weight. Since they contain sugar, fats, proteins as well as many essential vitamins they alone are sufficient to meet the daily requirements of a human body.
- Dates are helpful in maintaining your heart in a healthy condition. Hence they can be consumed by heart patients and those of have a history of heart ailments.
- Since ripe dates contain potassium, which is beneficial for controlling diarrhea, they are used in the treatment of the same.
- Consumption of dates provides quick relief in the case of alcoholic intoxication.
- Dates are beneficial for curing abdominal cancer.
- Dates boiled in milk are a very nutritious and invigorating drink for children and adults, especially during convalescence.