These are tips for those daily chores which need instant solutions and ideas. Culinary art and style is something we develop over a period of time with practice and learning from mistakes. To expertise your art of culinary management and skills, go ahead and add these tips to your list.
- When a recipe calls for adding oil, garlic and onions to a pan, always add garlic last. This keeps it from burning and tasting bitter.
- To make mashed potatoes fluffier, add a pinch of baking soda along with butter and milk.
- To slice mushrooms quickly and uniformly, use an egg slicer.
- If a blender or food processor is used to chop dry fruit, freeze the fruit first. It will be less sticky and easier to chop.
- If the gravy needs to be salted use a little soy sauce. It will enrich both the colour and flavour.
- A thin soup can be thickened. Prick a potato several times, wrap it in a paper towel and micro wave it for 5 minutes till soft. Peel, mash and add the potato into the soup.
- To prevent the contents from boiling over, apply a thin coat of cooking oil around the inside of pots.
- To keep a bowl steady while you whip the ingredients, place it on a damp cloth.
- When a sauce curdles, do as follows. Remove pan form heat, and plunge into a pan of cold water to stop the cooking process. Beat the sauce vigorously or pour into a blender and process till the sauce is smooth.