Honey is way more than just its fantastic liquid bronze colour and its yum flavour, its a cure to good health by itself. Not only does it taste delicious but it holds secrets deep within itself. And today I am going to spill the beans. Here are 10 things you may not know about honey.
- Its an energy booster for athletes. One spoon of honey can do the job of an energy drink and far more efficiently.
- It contains anti-oxidants and anti-bacterial properties that helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- A spoon of honey everyday will keep the doctor away. Honey has carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties, keeping cancer away.
- A nasty hangover can be put off with a spoon of honey. Mix it with some orange juice and yoghurt and voilà, your sober again!
- All the singers out there: soothe and pamper your voice with some honey! Its antimicrobial properties kill bacteria that may cause any hypothetical throat infections.
- Honey contains less than 2% sodium and is hence labelled as the sodium-free product by Food and Drug Administration.
- Mix some cinnamon with honey and that’s your hair loss prevention technique!
- Don’t forget your morning lemonade with honey before you become a busy bee, it’ll help you loose weight when you don’t have time to hit the gym.
- Save your heart with some honey. Honey has the capacity to fight cholesterol and protects your heart from health disease.
- Go into the 19th century and go bottles up with a tumbler of milk with honey to have a goodnight sleep.
So have honey a bit avidly and find yourself prettier,healthier and wiser!