Vanilla Cupcake! The word vanilla cupcake with coffee buttercream itself brings an adorable feeling within. And what with Valentine’s season, it just doubles on this ecstatic notion. C’mon guys, what is Valentine’s without a sumptouous vanilla cupcake recipe accompanied by coffee buttercream to spread love in the air. Forget the restaurant dessert at least ladies. You can handle this! (We know you won’t let him go without that romantic dinner though).
The best Vanilla cupcakes do not come from professional cooks, you see. I am not one myself. You need to love cooking to be good at it. Give your partner a taste of your own talent. Keep them in awe always. Not just your Valentine, but you too will realize what a good decision you’ve made once you return home from that great dining experience to home-made vanilla cupcakes along with the recipes for buttercream..Yes, all done by you!
Here’s the recipe from the cook of love 😉
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- A scant 3/4 c. Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 T. butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. whole milk (I also tried it with 2% milk, and it worked fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter in mixing bowl. Beat on slow speed until everything is combined and you have a crumb mixture with a sandy consistency.
- Gradually pour in half of the milk; beat until the milk is just incorporated.
- Whisk together the remaining milk (1/4 cup), egg, and vanilla.
- Pour into the flour mixture and beat until all ingredients are just incorporated. Beat for about another 30 seconds to one minute until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan cups lined with paper cupcake liners, filling cups 1/2 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, or until light golden and the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly in the pan before removing cupcakes to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Love is in the air..doo-dee-doo-dee-dooo!!