This is not our family recipe, rather an adapted one from one of the best cooks I have seen online, Ms Humble from Notsohumblepie. And believe me, this works.
Although she accidentally forgot to toss the chocolate shavings in cocoa, I chose to make it exactly like those.
Here are the ingredients:
- 10 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (OR 3/4 cup (170 grams) cream cheese beaten with 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy whipping cream (35%))
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Marsala wine or Port
- 1/2-1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, divided
- 1 ounce milk chocolate in block form
- 1/2 teaspoon dutch-processed cocoa
In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate until smooth and cool until lukewarm.
While waiting, dissolve half of the espresso powder in the Marsala wine/ port
When the chocolate has cooled a bit, whisk in the mascarpone until smooth, followed by the wine mixture.
Grate milk chocolate in mixture, keep chocolate shavings ready.
Scoop a bit onto your hands, roll it and roll it again in chocolate shavings.
Place in fluted paper cups and serve.