Sooji ka Halwa is a Universal recipe in India. It’s prepared more or less in the same way across the country though it might be called differently in different languages. I remember eating it often as long as I can remember, at home, at my relatives’ home, in restaurants, etc. It’s a kind of quick fix dessert when you don’t have time to make an elaborate one.
- Semolina : (Rava/Sooji) 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Ghee 2-3 tbsp
- Raisins& Cashews 1 tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Roast the Semolina in a pan for around 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add water, milk and stir continuously
- After it is half cooked, add sugar and again stir till it blends with the Semolina
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and stir
- Roast the cashews in ghee
- Garnish with raisins, cashews and serve at room temperature.
Preparation time: 10min