Another fasting food, this is a sweet sequel to the crispy, savory sabudana vada. With water chestnut flour as its main ingredient, Singhara burfi is a great dessert even if you are not fasting this navratri. Best part is, it is extremely easy to prepare too.
- Singhara Flour: ½ cup
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Khoya kheer: ½ cup
- Sugar: 3/4th cup
- Water: ½ cup
- Cardamom powder: ½ tsp
- Stir fry flour in ghee until light pink. Transfer into another bowl and keep.
- In another pan stir fry khoya in ghee and wait till it light pink.
- Add cardamom and flour to it an.
- d cool for sometime, off the heat.
- In a thick bottomed pan make sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the khoya-flour mixture and mix it well.
- Grease a flat plate with ghee. Pour the mixture and let it cool.
- Cut and serve.