This sweet dish recipe that I prepared from my cook book collection, turned out yummy and delightful. The sugar syrup coating over the sweet potato is like coating a sugar candy with sugar syrup, making it tastier for the palates. As with all Punjabi sweet dishes this also is an energy-pack. As mentioned in the ‘Benefits of Sweet potato’ article this root contains a lot of healing properties, vitamins, calcium and potassium. This vegetable has been on the grocery list right from the pre-historic times. So this healthy root sweet dish is just about the right dessert you can enjoy with second or also may be a third helping!
- 4 sweet potatoes (steamed and peeled)
- 1 cup Sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- Dice the sweet potatoes into medium pieces.
- Put water, sugar and salt in a vessel and place over flame.
- Stir on slow fire. Cook till all the sugar dissolves.
- Now put in the sweet potatoes.
- Cook till the sweet potatoes are coated well with the syrup and the syrup should turn thick.
- Serve hot or cold.
Preparation Time: Steaming-10 minutes
Cooking – 20-25 minutes