Have you ever tried a sweet ‘n salty halwa?! Well here’s one for taste. All a sweet tooth chef requires is an excuse to stir up something sweet. So my sweet intuitions lead me to the innovation of this unique recipe. With no additional ghee/butter in it this is the ideal sweet dish to beat the scorching heat. Savour this as a dessert or spread it on hot toast or serve the halwa as an accompaniment with rotis. This energy filled sweet dish is good for both children and adults.
- 1 lire milk/split milk
- 2 tsp (heaped) jaggery
- 2tbsp sattu
- A few almonds, raisins, cashew for garnishing
- Pour the milk /split milk into a thick bottom pan and add the jaggery and sattu. The milk will in any way split due to the jaggery and the saline texture of the sattu. Bring it to a boil and lower the flame when it starts to splutter.
- Continue to stir till it thickens. Put off the flame as it will thicken when it cools.
- Roast the almonds, raisins and cashew in a drop of ghee(optional) and garnish.
- It is now ready to serve.
Preparation time: 30 mins