‘Sandesh’ is a Bengali sweet dish; this favourite dessert is not only savoured in the East but also in other parts of India. Our Indian Sweets have a variety of recipes for sweet dishes of different regions of India. Sweets form an integral part of any Indian celebration. The most popular among regional Indian Sweets are South Indian Sweets and Bengali Sweets. I have used the fresh and fragrant filled pineapple in this recipe, while the same is also prepared by using canned pineapple slices. Here’s how to prepare this dessert in a simple and easy method…
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese – 50gm
- Powdered Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 3 drops
- Canned or fresh pineapple thin slices – 3-4
- For the garnish – Dried seedless dates or you can also use glazed cherries.
- In a small pan, add 1 tbsp of powdered sugar and the fresh pineapple slices and mix. Now over the flame, heat and stir this gently till the water evaporates (If using canned slices this step is not applicable).
- In another bowl, knead paneer/cottage cheese with the remaining powdered sugar very well so that no grains are left.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well again.
- Sandwich pineapple slice (cut into smaller pieces) between the cottage cheese mix (as in pic).
- Decorate with glazed cherries or dried seedless dates (make a small ball) and serve cold.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 6-7 pieces