What are we cooking today? Pavlova. Named after the famous Russian Ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova, this is said to have been originated in New Zealand, since the dancer’s visit to New Zealand on her World tour in 1926. And since then, until today, Pavlova recipes have graced the culinary history of New Zealand, just like Sunday Roast has Britain.
But what are Pavlova? A thick meringue based dessert, baked to a crisp top with a marshmallow heart and dressed with whipped cream and fruits.
Quite easy to make, Pavlova Recipe needs only a handful of ingredients thrown in a blender- hit it right and you’re quite an expert. Let’s see the list then.
- Egg whites: 4
- Caster sugar: 1.25 cups
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Cornflour: 1 tbsp
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh fruit: Strawberries, raspberries, kiwifruit, mandarins, or bananas.
- In a food processor, throw in egg whites and blend until it forms soft peaks.
- Add in caster sugar, vinegar, vanilla essence and cornflour.
- Mix all of it till well blended. In a papered baking sheet, pour the mixture and bake at 250 for about 15 min.
- Let it cool completely before dressing it.
- When cooled, whip cream until it forms soft peaks, spread it on pavlova and sprinkle fresh fruits.
Enjoy your Pavlova with home made icecream!