Hello and welcome, dead and alive. This day, we dedicate to the hungry, for the gastro-related monsters and for the giant in our stomach who comes out at the dead of the night or in a bright day to attack that one good, paradise-like place called “The Refrigerator”. Happy Halloween, foodies. Believe us, you, we couldn’t resist making these adorable Oreo monsters with white chocolate frosting to keep up with the season.
Like always, I have a really funny story to share. So last to last year, when I moved to this really nice pad, on Halloween’s day I got home a bag full of pumpkins to carve and light. I kept them in my kitchen and off I went to work. Now, I know I write food and stuff, but I don’t cook at home always. There’s a cook at mine, who cooks the daily affair because my office hours do not allow me to cook at all (add a “very fussy about food” husband). We generally come back late and eat the freshly cooked food that cook keeps ready at the dinner ready at the dinner table.
One day, I came home to a delicious Bhopla cha bhaji, only to realize that she cooked with the pumpkins I intended to carve. When I told my husband about this, he said, “Ah, think of sustainable living”.
So, yeah. Here’s how to make Oreo Cookie Monsters with white chocolate frosting for Halloween.
Oreo Cookie Monsters
- Oreo biscuits: one pack
- White compound or white chocolate (chopped): about 1.5 cups
- Food coloring of your choice
- A piping bag (optional)
- Monster eyes (bought from here)
- In a double-boiler, melt your white compound. Keep it in double-boiler and turn the heat off.
- In small cups, mix white compound and food coloring.
- Stick a small straw in the Oreo cookie and dip the cookie in the colored white chocolate frosting. Work fast and quick for this step, as chocolate dries quick and also, this is very thick chocolate, so one doesn’t need to rest it to drip. Once evenly coated, rest it in a cup. The chocolate will dry quickly. If you are attaching eyes, do it now. Speed up the fan.
- Give it an hour before you pipe the rest of the stuff.
- We piped zigzag patterns and moustache… all with white chocolate again.
- Give it about 3 h before you indulge in your Halloween treat!