Margarita Cupcakes are something that even we grown-ups are so fond of. Whether it is the lime flavour or it is the trick of Tequila, these Margarita Cupcakes are your best treat for any excuse you can think of! Adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook’s Vanilla Cupcakes, these Margarita Cupcakes are good to taste, easy to make and great for parties and potlucks. Serve these cupcakes in Margarita glasses lined with coarse salt.
Not a red and chocolatey affair, Margarita Cupcake recipes still happen to rule the roost as one of the most elegant and romantic. This recipe for Margarita Cupcakes is for the special person in your life, and to all those who are looking for impressive Valentine Day recipes. It is a perfect dessert for Cinco de Mayo too! It is one of the best examples to enjoy a cocktail in dessert form. And yes, you won’t get a hangover too!
Time taken: 40 min
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Baking powder: 1.5 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, at room temperature: 3 tbsp
- Whole milk: 1/2 cup
- Egg: 1
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Zest of two limes
- Tequila: 1 tbsp
- Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ones in two separate bowls.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat this mixture, incorporating as much air as possible.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liner and bake cupcakes for about 15-20 min at 200C, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, transfer them to a wire rack, brush with Tequila and let cool.