A sweet addiction and one of our all-time favorites, Malpua, seriously hooks our nostalgic selves and brings it out in the forefront. We can eat ten malpuas together, I’m guessing. The recipe is my mum’s and this is a must-try. No talking here.
Time taken: 30 min
Ingredients for the Malpuas:
- All-purpose flour (maida): 500 g
- Rice powder: 100 g
- Grated/pieces of coconut: 100 g
- Fennel seeds (Saunf): 1 tsp
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk: 2 tsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter
Ingredients for the sugar syrup:
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Rose essence : 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for the garnish:
- Slivered almonds
- Mix all the Malpua ingredients together, except ghee.
- Heat ghee in a flat-bottomed pan and ladle batter into it, one spoon at a time.
- Fry till light golden yellow and keep aside.
- In another pan, mix ingredients for sugar syrup and under low heat prepare the syrup. The consistency should be thready.
- Dunk-in the Malpuas in the sugar syrup and let them soak.
- Serve chilled with blanched or slivered almonds and pistachios!