One of the most common and popular sweets made and distributed during the festival of Diwali is the Kaju Katli or the Kaju burfi (cashew burfi). When I learnt the recipe, I was surprised that the shops charged exorbitantly for a sweet that was so simple to make. No more Kaju Katli purchases I said to myself and made a good batch of it for Diwali. It turned just as good as the ready made ones and was liked by all.
- 100 gm Cashew nuts
- 100 gm Sugar
- 200 gm water
- Silver Foil for decorating
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for about 1 hour
- Make a paste of the cashew in the grinder
- In a pan, make sugar syrup of a single thread consistency
- Add the cashew paste to it and stir continuously
- Allow it to cool and transfer the mixture to a greased plate
- Place the silver foil over it and cut into diamond shaped pieces.
Preparation time: 30 minutes