It is a truth universally acknowledged that chocolates are perfect.
Chocolates do have, dare we say it, a flaw: You can’t help thinking about the size of your waistline when gobbling up these rich and creamy delights!
For this reason we have included a low fat chocolate recipe in our chocolate special. These chocolate truffles are low in fat and high in protein, making them a healthy treat. By substituting the heavy cream with light cream cheese, we have a delicious desert that is not only good for your stomach but also your bones.
(Time taken: 25 minutes, makes 20 Truffles)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 115 gm light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable glass bowl for about a minute. Stir with a spatula to turn the chocolate into a smooth paste.
- With the help of a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth
- Throw in the melted chocolate and mix together once again.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until all the ingredients blend together. It will turn from a crumbly mixture to dough.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until the dough turns soft and creamy
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls
- Pour sifted powdered sugar or sifted cocoa powder into a shallow bowl. Dip the balls into whichever ingredient you have selected
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Put the truffles in the lined baking sheet and allow them to cool down (around 1 hour.)
Chocolate truffles and a glass of warm milk are the perfect way to fight the winter chills. Don’t forget to leave some for Santa Claus though!