Ranbir loves Cream Cheese and he swears by the fact that anytime you open his refrigerator, you will find cream cheese, salami and frozen dimsums. Well, cream cheese, although is widely available, yet we’d tell you that cream cheese is actually quite easy to make at home and it only requires a day.
An easy cheese recipe that it is, all you need is simple ingredients off your pantry to get a bowl of amazingly soft cream cheese that you can slurp both as sweet or savory. Here’s the homemade cream cheese recipe.
Time taken: 4 h
- Full cream milk: 2 l
- Fresh cream: 200 g
- Curd: 1 cup
- Line a bowl with a cheesecloth and keep ready.
- In a pan, heat milk. When the milk is just a bit over lukewarm, add the cream. Stir.
- Now, add the beaten curd and keep covered for 2-3 min.
- After a couple of hours, when you see the curd formation has happened, place it on low flame. You’ll see the curd will break immediately.
- Strain it in a muslin cloth, run water and cool it. This helps to get rid of the acidic taste.
- Next, keep it hung for about 2-3 h.
- Once the cheese has set in, blend, adjust the flavoring and slurp.
Note: Cream Cheese frosting on Pumpkin Spice Cake is a classic!