Recently, we saw the movie ‘Chocolat’ by Lasse Hallstrom at home. The sight of those irresistible, delicious, sinful chocolates in the movie left me with a obsession to eat some myself immediately. I rummaged my fridge for some, but not finding any, as soon as the movie got over I set about making something that contained chocolate. I had some paneer (cottage cheese) and walnuts too and I threw-in these for making some Chocolate Walnut Burfis. I devoured almost half of the ready stuff before taking pictures of it. I prefer to make sweets that are not excessively sweet, so when I’m using sweet condensed milk, I don’t use sugar. But you may add some if you want it sweeter!
Chocolate Walnut Burfi
Time taken: 20 min
• Cottage cheese (paneer): 400 g
• Sweetened condensed milk: 100 g
• Sugar (optional, depending on how sweet you want it): 1-2 tbsp
• Ghee: 2 tbsp
• Drinking chocolate: 1 cup
• Chopped walnuts: 1 cup
• In a pan, put all the above ingredients except walnuts and keep stirring it on medium flame till the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
• Add the walnuts, put off the fire and stir well
• Grease a tray and scoop the fudge out onto it. Spread into a thick layer, with a flat spoon.
• Cool a little and while still warm cut into squares.
• Store in the fridge. This recipe makes around 12 pieces of burfis.