Is your cake swirling around in whites and browns at the top and its insides? No, it’s not a mini whirlpool nor is the cook trying to hypnotize you. It in fact is a pound of irresistible Chocolate Marble Cake – a tale of two pastries twirling around like cream in your coffee. Mind you, one can never keep it around for too long for it finds some way or the other to reach a couple dozen tummies.
Quite a Whirlpool, ain’t it? Next time someone suggests that ”you’ve lost your marbles’, just show him your cake!
God knows we love chocolate with a pinch of humor…
- 1 ½ cup Baking Flour
- 225 grams Soft Butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp chocolate essence
- 2 square pieces of chocolate
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- ½ cup Milk
Note: The softness of the butter is essential so as to nail the recipe just right!
- Empty the baking soda, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and sift it well.
- Now, in a separate spacious bowl, mix the butter and the sugar until it seems light and creamy. You could either use a wooden ladle or an electric mixer for the mixing purpose.
- Add the beaten egg whites to this mixture and continue blending it in.
- Pour out small portion of the first mixture of flour into this fusion while mixing it continually.
- Once the mixture comes together pour in the milk and blend the batter till it is soft and glossy.
- Now divide this batter into two equal halves and lay it out in separate bowls.
- Add the chocolate essence to one and the vanilla essence to the other.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate bars and mix it with 2 tbsp of boiling hot water.
- Pour in the melted chocolate to the one branded by chocolate essence. Mix the batter to blend in the added ingredients.
- Now grease a baking tray to prepare it for a whole lot of baking.
- Alternately lap up portions of the vanilla batter and the chocolate mixture around the base of the baking tray.
- Now with the help of a skewer or a toothpick create swirls between the two batters so as to give it a psychedelically soothing pattern. However don’t get too excited, an over swirled batter looks less like a marble cake and more like a tornado.
- Bake the batter in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for as long as 20 to 30 minutes.
- Give it a standing time of up to 10 minutes before attacking.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: Whoever you wish to share it with! 🙂