You know, this unpredictable weather can also be fixed with a handful of baking to do! With a soft scent filling the air and also warming your heart in the process, this Chocolate Crackles recipe is just the thing that you want right now.
Time taken: 1.15 min
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: 1 cup
- Unsalted butter: 1/3 cup
- Firmly packed light brown sugar: 1 cup
- Eggs (large, beaten): 2
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Toasted walnuts: ½ cup
- Confectioner’s sugar: ½ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
- In a heavy saucepan, over very low heat, combine the choco chips and butter. With a rubber spatula, melt the mixture well. Remove from heat, add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, and beat thoroughly. To this, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well and stir-in the walnuts.
- Cover the dough in refrigerator until chilled, or for best results, overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Slightly grease two baking trays and shape the dough into small balls. Roll-in powdered sugar and bake for 15 min.