It was one of those Sundays when the craving for sweets had me rummaging the fridge. There were no sweets but I found a can of condensed milk. I racked my head for a non-cumbersome recipe. Then just like a jig-saw puzzle, the condensed milk, desiccated coconut, Glucose biscuits, and Bournvita fit into a perfect solution. I had seen the recipe in one of the cookery shows on television around 15 years back. I had made while in school and I remember the shower of praises that followed. It does not require the use of cooking gas. I also make it for Diwali and it stands out as a very non-traditional sweet in the spread. I call it the Choco- Coco rolls
- ½ can of condensed milk (Milkmaid)
- 1 cup of Desiccated coconut
- 1 packet of Glucose biscuits
- ½ tsp of instant coffee powder (Bru/ Nescafe)
- 4-5 tsp of Drinking Chocolate (Bournvita/ Milo/Chocolate Horlicks)
- 4-5 tbsp of milk
- Powder the Glucose Biscuits in a Mixer
- Mix it with the Coffee and Drinking chocolate.
- Knead it into dough with Milk.
- Upturn a big Dinner plate and roll the entire dough on it with a rolling pin.
- Mix the condensed milk and desiccated coconut into a thick paste
- Spread this paste on the dough
- Roll the dough carefully into a log
- Slice the log into pieces and serve
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes around 10 to 12 pieces